Friday, February 15, 2013

Wine and Roses

My Gentleman Friend (Mickey) and I go out for dinner a couple of times per week all year long, so Valentine's Day and other such holidays often find us sharing a special quiet dinner at his home or mine. This year for Valentine's Day, I invited him to have dinner with me at my house.




We normally follow an almost vegan diet, but there are certain meals we look forward to having a couple of times per year for a special occasion. For this meal, I decided to make one of his favorites. I created a dish including fresh fettuccine with Alfredo sauce and lump crab meat for the first time. We also had focaccia bread with sun-dried tomatoes and our favorite wine. He arrived with roses, chocolates, a card, and his wonderfully positive attitude, which I just love.

Sometimes the most special times are the ones we share over an informal, quiet dinner at home.

Thank you for reading. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Your Mickey is such a sweet gentleman! I so enjoy your blog, your style and your positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!! A template for my Valentine's next year!! THanks for sharing!! xo, e