Sunday, June 16, 2013

Art in The Park

A favorite summertime trip for us is driving up into the mountains and spending the day in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. This was one of the Art in the Park event weekends.




I wore white ankle pants and a white tank top from Stein Mart. The shawl scarf is from Chico's last year. I received many compliments on it. 



These smartly dressed women from Winston-Salem stopped me in the park to ask me where I found the scarf. It was so much fun chatting with them! 

Later in the day Mr. Mickey and I stopped by the Shops on the Parkway so that I could visit the Chico's outlet. The ladies also came in while we were there. They were looking for a similar scarf so we got to visit again.



You will always find me checking out the jewelry at art events!


The event was even larger than in past years.


I just had to show you a picture of Mr. Mickey's snazzy new summer shoes. Aren't they the cat's meow?
 


Tip for warm weather event dressing: Wear light colors with a sheer blouse, scarf, or tunic for a bit of coverage and colorful style. Of course, sunglasses are a must. These are by Vera Wang from Kohl's. The bag is from Stein Mart and the shoes are by Adrienne Vittadini from T.J.Maxx last year.

9 comments:

Donna said...

What a fabulous scarf and a gorgeous color on you! I can understand why the ladies were looking for a similar scarf. Would a scarf like that be too overwhelming on a 5' gal? Mr. Mickey IS the cat's meow! ;-)

Cathy said...

Chico's Outlet? I'm coming to visit! Love the outfit. You look absolutely beautiful!

josep-maria badia said...

How elegant, I love the outfit. The scarf is great and the shoes are gorgeous.

Grammy Goodwill said...

You always look good, but this outfit looks stupendous on you. You look great. Definitely an eye popper!

Unknown said...

You look lovely and young. Minimal accessories makes a woman look younger in my opinion. You always know just how much to wear. Perfect.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

I love a colorful scarf with crisp white pants. Thanks for sharing this fab look with Visible Monday!

Beetique said...

great look,as always

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look stunning, Susan! I love the Chico's scarf! Looks a fun day!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I LOOOOVE that scark! I will have to get to the outfit. I STILL haven't found ankle panys. I envy you being able to wear heels all day shopping. Kitten heels are all I can do.