Monday, July 29, 2013

New Shoes in Wine Country

I fell in love with these shoes the moment I saw them!


After trying on several outfit options from my closet I knew I didn't have the right pieces to wear with them on a July evening. Below is the outfit I almost settled on but I knew it could be better. Off to Chico's we go!


The shoes are edgy and modern so the red jacket is too conservative and subdued to wear with them.



When I saw this sweater and necklace I knew they were the right pieces. The gold cuff was just the icing on the cake.


When we arrive at our favorite restaurant there is always a valet attendant to open our doors. The service at Artisanal is superb!


We stopped at the Banner Elk Winery on our way home from dinner last night. Many people do not know that there are some really good wines coming from North Carolina.


This fire pit and pond beyond are in front of the tasting house and gift shop.


This is The Villa, a luxury Bed and Breakfast on a hill overlooking the winery.


The bag is from Stein Mart. The shoes are from Nordstrom. All other items are from Chico's.

15 comments:

Maggie said...

I just discovered your blog today! Thanks for posting fashion ideas for real women in their fifties. Thanks too for the inspiring stories from your own life that you've shared. From now on I'll be a regular reader.

Susan B said...

Oh yes, the second outfit really complements the shoes beautifully! Great choices.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog Susan.

susan cartron said...

beautiful as always!

meriusa said...

The picture with the fire pit and pond at the winery is as exciting as your new shoes are !Thank you for sharing with us the beauty of this world.

sharon said...

Lovely!

Donna said...

Another fun outing! Beautiful place and you look fab! I love your shoes and envy your ability to wear anything higher than a 2 inch heel.

Unknown said...

Fabulous shoes! Great pics too.

josep-maria badia said...

Great shoes, I love them. I love the second outfit, so soft and elegant.

WendyB said...

Love leopard print! Fabulous shoes!

The Memiors of a Reluctant Move-aholic said...

Susan, been reading your blog for awhile. We used to live in Raleigh and Nashville so seeing all the lovely places you visit brings back so many wonderful memories of those beautiful states. We are now in Texas, which has its own beauty especially the "hill country" area. We try to go there as often as we can. Thank you so much for sharing your talents and heart with everyone. You have inspired me to rethink many wardrobe choices and purchases.

auroeta art gallery said...

I also fell in love with this shoes!!!! Wanna have! :)
Very intersting and beautiful pictures :)

Dana, Germany
http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

Dana said...

Very pretty outfit. Love your shoes and the scenery.

Dana, Texas

Lynn said...

Great outfit and great scenery..Fashion and a Tour ..two for one, can't beat it..lol

Ann Rourke said...

Hi there, You are the most chic blogger out there. Your style is amazing. I am 51 and can go to your page and get style ideas that are so young looking yet classic.
Thanks for inspiration!!