Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wear It Wednesday Part II

The color of this silk soutache jacket led me to buy it at Stein Mart last year.


Perhaps because I had only tried it on with more formal black pants and a black tank, it seemed too boxy and matronly in the past. Wearing it with white jeans and a loose-fitting white tank from Chico's and cutout booties from Nine West via Ross seems more youthful and modern.

I still love the color, so I will keep this one for now.

Wear It Wednesday is the day I pull out the questionable, rarely worn pieces from my closet and try to make them work or else donate them to someone who will make use of them. Reducing clutter in my closet makes getting dressed much more pleasant. Too many questionable pieces can result in wearing the same thing all the time and the feeling that you need more choices when you already have too many.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I love white and turquoise together. This outfit pops, especially when you compare it to the outfit you posted yesterday! What a difference! The top you wore on yesterday's post makes you look older than today's outfit. I think it has a lot to do with the print on the top yesterday...and the darker colors. Thank you for your inspirations!

Anonymous said...

That is a keeper, great color and I think you are right about the white being the better choice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan:

The color is beautiful, but I don't care for the boxy shape of it. But that's just my humble opinion. You are a stunningly beautiful woman, and I admire your good taste, and I'm learning a lot from you. Thanks for helping us fashion-challenged women out here.

Claudia Schmidt said...

That's such a beautiful jacket and I love that color. You look gorgeous in it! I love your idea that every Wednesday you weed through your closets to get rid of things you don't wear. This one's a keeper!

Cecilia Bramhall said...

I like this outfit. I'd say it's a keeper in this case. Just now finding your blog and I'm now following.