Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Special Evening

As the sun was going down, the top-level of a parking garage was a great place to shoot photos on this beautiful evening.


We visited Wellington's at the Carnegie Hotel for dinner last evening.


My go-to look for eveningwear is a black tank over black pants with some sort of interesting jacket. As mentioned in the post from yesterday, the pants' cut and style dictate the cut and style of the jacket I pair with the pants. Opposites are more attractive.


All clothing is from Chico's. The jacket is from last year.



The satin evening sandals are by Kenneth Cole Reaction via Dillard's last year. I wish all shoes were this comfortable!



The bold statement necklace is from Chico's earlier this year, and the small hoop earrings were from Target last year.


The ring is old from Stein Mart, and the bag is so old I don't remember where I found it.





My tips for getting dressed for a special evening include not wearing too many colors or accessories. If black isn't your color, wear one color that flatters your complexion with a jacket or wrap in a color that contrasts but complements the base color. 




I hope my suggestions help you to easily get dressed for the special events of your life. Mr. Mickey and I never wait for a special day to celebrate. Our reason to get dressed up and celebrate this evening? It was a beautiful fall Wednesday evening, and we are alive and well.

4 comments:

Ali60 said...

"If you wouldn't dare show your arms during the day, then don't wear a strapless dress from the Junior department for an evening event" may be the best line I have read in a blog all year! Bravo! A.

Unknown said...

Although I already have so many of the pieces you wear, I believe it is the shoes that set off the whole look. Fabulous. This weekend throwing out all my fuddy duddy shoes and getting those strappy heels. Already started doing this. Today wearing Chico slacks and black high
booties. The office is a buzz with discussions of my new look. Thank you!

Kathryn Bechen said...

Found your blog the other day and love your sense of wardrobe style for the mature woman. Lovely, real-world chic outfits! Kudos!

Donna said...

Love that jacket! (and the shoes)