Friday, December 19, 2014

Day Of Giving

As promised, here are a few of the pictures from the Santa Project.



In the autumn of each year, Mr. Mickey starts letting his beard grow out for a significant project for all those involved.


A special group of friends contributes funds for this project, benefiting more than fifty children who might not otherwise have much of a Christmas. They are given a coat, shoes, school clothes, and a toy by the "real" Santa.





 



During the early part of this twelve-hour day, I wore a black long sleeve tee and black jeggings with a red boiled wool vest, all from Chico's. The bag is from Express. The boots are by Vince Camuto from Nordstrom.



In the evening, I removed the necklace and animal print belt, and smaller earrings and replaced them with longer earrings and a low slung belt from Chico's. I also added a tartan ruana from Foxcroft and black fur-trimmed leather gloves.


11 comments:

Mlou said...

Susan, I haven't gone anywhere this year. So thanks for sharing your good times with me. Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Mickey.

Fondly,
Mary Lou

Dawn said...

What a wonderful Project!

LANA said...

Mr. Mickey looks like the real thing for sure, and lucky you to be his best buddy. Hubby and I are heading north so have a very Merry Christmas! I'll be back in January for more inspiration from you!

Joanne said...

I love your daytime necklace! Wow! Mr. Mickey looks like he truly enjoys this project. Warms my heart!

meriusa said...

The perfect Santa Claus .
Merry merry Christmas to you Susan and Mr. Mickey!
May this benefiting project of you continue for many many years .

ilona said...

What a great project - thanks for sharing it with us.

beyondbeige said...

You look beautiful. I love your style. Very inspiring. Thank you!

Karen said...

I have recently read your blog from the beginning and realize I need to step it up a bit. I love your refined style and positive attitude. I just wish I had your social life! Thanks also for nudging me to re-think Chicos.

christy said...

Seasons greetings. What a wonderful project and you look fabulous as always. Sorry to read that you are suffering at the moment and wish you a speedy recovery. Look after yourself.

Patti said...

Thanks to you and Mickey for all you do! You look stunning in red, any time of the year. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

Jessica Jannenga said...

Happy Holiday! I love the project for the kids. Hope you feel better soon, I know the feeling, as my illness has decided to be naughty not nice right now. take care. You look wonderful in red, and I love the Foxcroft cape on you.
from the link up,

please stop by, jess xx

http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/