Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Weekend Brunch

We always enjoy having brunch on the weekend.




The brunch in the Dining Room at the Inn on Biltmore Estate is fabulous!


The turquoise and amethyst stone necklace from Chico's goes well with my turquoise Sam Edelman shoes, so I wore them together again on Saturday morning. The royal blue cold shoulder top is from Clara Sunwoo via My Fair Lady. The pants are Travelers from Chico's.




There were so many beautiful flowers throughout the Inn, including a fresh rose on every table.




That's the Biltmore House off in the distance. 
We love being on the estate!

I get many emails each week asking how to eat out so often and not gain the weight back. The truth is, I do gain a few pounds when I indulge on these short trips. However, that being said, it is now Wednesday, and I am back down to 142 pounds. 

I taste all the foods that I want to try, but I eat only a small portion of each. I am never on a diet. My lifestyle is one of balance and pleasure. I thoroughly enjoy whatever I want to have in small quantities, and I am always mindful that food is fuel, not entertainment. I did have a croissant, a decadent dessert, and some lobster with pasta on this trip. After an occasional splurge, I return to eating some fresh fruit, lots of vegetables, whole grains, and raw unsalted nuts.

2 comments:

Rita's Recipes said...

when you say 'taste' do you mean you taste Mr. Mickey's dinner or order a complete dinner and throw away the rest. Sometimes we share a dinner or I'll just order the appetizer.

Susan said...

We almost always share an entrée or I take most of my meal home with me to enjoy at another time.