Friday, May 13, 2016

Circle of Red Luncheon

I am a proud member of the Circle of Red for the American Heart Association this year.


We held the Tri-Cities Go Red For Women Luncheon today, and all the members wore a red dress.


My red dress is from Macy's. 

Macy's is committed to raising women's awareness of heart disease and helping them live longer, healthier lives.

Thanks to its customers and associates' generosity, Macy's has contributed more than $55 million to Go Red for Women since 2004. 

It was great to see my young friend Jurnee Carr, Miss Tennessee International. We have shared the runway as models in the past.


Hannah Everhart is our beautiful Miss Johnson City. We have also walked for local fashion shows together.









Those are not my caged shoes, but aren't they awesome?

I am shown below with some of the other Circle of Red Members.


The more a woman knows about heart disease, the better chance she has of beating it. The first facts you need to know are severe: Heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year – more than all cancers combined. Fortunately, we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac and stroke events may be prevented with education and action.

Go Red For Women inspires women to make lifestyle changes, mobilize communities, and shape policies to save lives. United, we are working to improve the health of all women.

Visit https://www.goredforwomen.org/ to learn more about how you can prevent heart disease and also how you can help bring awareness of it to others.

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love the dress, you look beautiful in it.

Unknown said...

I love your shoes. Where did you get them?

Susan said...

Thank you Alena. They are several years old by BCBG. I don't recall where I bought them.

Joannafesto said...

I am an adult with childhood/congenital heart disease. Thanks so much for "Going Red"!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Thank you. I love everything you wear. You are my inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Wowsie!! Love it! I've been considering a red dress I saw at Dress Barn, this goes to show that yes, we can still rock a red dress!

Lynn said...

I think it's great that this cause emphasizes women and heart disease. And shows women's health is very important and we need to stop neglecting ourselves. Thanks for supporting it Susan.
You look very nice in red.

Missy said...

You look gorgeous in this color. This dress style is so flattering!

Unknown said...

Susan, You look great in dresses. You should wear them often!

Prairie Poulet said...

Thank you for leading by example and walking the walk. You don't just support this cause, you live it by eating heart-healthy foods. Heart and head health are keys to preventing dementia, too.

ci said...

Beautiful dress ! You look great in it!