Thursday, June 2, 2016

What do you eat?

Summer means family and friends may be gathering for a potluck meal on the deck or by the lake. Whenever I am asked to bring a dish or plan for a summer event, I always use recipes like the ones shown below.

Cucumber Tomato Salad

~~~~~~~~~~~
Baked Falafel Sandwich


~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream


My friend, Diane Smith, is the writer and recipe developer behind PlantBasedCooking.com. We thought it would be helpful to share a healthy meal for those planning summer gatherings.

I always get lots of questions about what I eat and then more questions about transitioning to a plant-based diet. I am happy to tell you that Diane is preparing a course to help people transition to a plant-based diet. Contact her via her website to sign up for the course.



Diane Smith is the editor and publisher of PlantBasedCooking.com. We have so much in common, but most of all, we are passionate about being our best selves and sharing what we learn with others.

I was in a lot of pain, on medication, in and out of Doctor's offices almost weekly, and could not sleep more than a couple of hours. That was all before I switched to a plant-based diet. 

My back, feet, and legs hurt so much I could only walk short distances, even in flat shoes. Now I can walk pain-free for miles, even in heels!

Before at age 54               After at age 58  

The preservatives, sugar, fat, and salt added to most processed foods caused inflammation, fifty extra pounds, severe migraines every week, and numerous sinus infections. Removing those foods from my life allowed my body to heal and my immune system to thrive. I have not had a cold in five years. There are no more migraines! I take no medications now, and my lab results are those of a twenty-year-old. I feel much better now than I did when I was in my thirties. The only change I made was to a whole food plant-based diet. This is one of the most important things I wish I could share with my younger self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I follow yhou now for quite a few month and truly, I can not get enough of your pages.
You must be so very proud of the fact that we women, over 50 and up and up, take inspiration from you and your "past". I sit here with tears in my eyes (oops, sorry, cant see the keys)looking at those 2 incredible pictures 54/58 and I keep asking you "...is this really really you at 54?.." What a transformation!!!! I am a bit older than you and used to look like your 58 and now start looking like 54! :) I need help, really, really.